Skip to main content

Holiday Feast Part 3 - Desserts - Brownies

Here's my recipe for brownies that I customized from the recipe on the actual chocolate package.  The difference here is you will have to use Mini Chocolate Kisses instead of choco chips.  Since I can't find the original recipe, I'll just post the one that I made.  Again, if you want to try the original recipe, just buy a pack of Hershey's Mini Chocolate Kisses and read the recipe on the back of the package.

Ingredients

  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margaine, melted
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup honey*
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • eggs
  • An entire package (10-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
      * You can substitute all honey if you don't want the brownies too sweet or just opt for 1 cup of honey and just take out the additional 1 cup of sugar.

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
  2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl. With spoon or wire whisk stir together melted butter, sugar, honey and vanilla in a separate large bowl. Add eggs, stir until well blended. Stir in flour mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate pieces. Spread batter in prepared pan.
  3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.
Watch the baking time - I like really fudgy brownies so I often take them out of the oven at about 20  mins.  The cooking time will definitely vary depending on your ovens so it would be good to experiement a few times before you get the actual time that suits you.


You can opt to put chocolate frosting on the brownies if you wish.  I've tried using the store bought icing from Gourdo's (those are yummy) but for the photo below I experimented with white chocolate.  Just melt white chocolate and pour it over the brownies and you're all set!



This year I made gift boxes for my friends for Christmas.  I bought the boxes and brownie paper lining/cups from Gourdo's at Greenbelt.  They're a little pricey but since I wasn't making a lot to give away, I figured it was better than trekking to Divisoria.


You can check out their items at any of their stores or take a peak online:

3-021 3F Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center Makati City 728-9911

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Feast Part 1 - Balut

For the next coming days, I will be posting photos and recipes of dishes I made during the holidays.  In the Philippines Christmas Eve dinner (Noche Buena) and New Year's Eve dinner (Media Noche) are big celebrations.  Families wait for the strike of midnight to celebrate Christmas/NY and eat until the wee hours of the morning.  Since I visit my dad for the holidays, I only make a few "key" dishes, mostly desserts.  Most of them I picked up from here and there and I customized and there are a couple that I made following the exact recipe. Let me start off with something that I didn't make but I purchased (just so I can move on to the ones I've made after).  These are Balut.  Don't worry, I won't show gory photos of the actual chic - just the egg :) Balut is basically duck embryo (and yes, it's the same one they eat on Fear Factor). I've only started eating balut in July of 2011 when my friends and I were in Boracay.  They said that the Balut

Holiday Feast Part 3 - Desserts - Wheat Chocolate "Chip" Cookies

I came across Fuji Mama's Blog Site over the holidays whilst looking for a new Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.  I was so intruiged cause she made a side by side comparison of the differenct cookie recipes she experimented with. Apparently less butter makes for softer 'chewier' cookies! Who knew, right? So inspired by her experiment, I made some tweaks on the final recipe Fuji Mama ended up with by changing and addingsome of the chocolate and changing the flour.  Since I had some wheat flour, I decided to use that for the cookies (I was kinda worried that they were going to get rock hard but I crossed my fingers and it worked)! Click on the link to Fuji Mama's blog at the top of this post for the full review on the Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe.    The original recipe is found below with my tweaks in pink font. @nestlefoodie’s Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Chris Garboski , adapted from the Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cook

Homemade ONE EGG Gluten Free Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise is a common condiment made by emulsifying an egg (typically egg yolks) with oil and vinegar or lemon juice.  Emulsifying basically means mixing 2 liquids with varying qualities together to make 1 mixture (like when mixing medicine or mixing oil and water). I never really liked commercial mayo.  Ever since I was a kid, I hated the way mayo smelled.  It leaves a weird smell on your fingers after eating a sandwich and its particularly greasy and slimy.  Just recently I was kinda forced (well I was being practical and felt had to use my last 2 packets of light mayo) to use store bought mayo and regretted it.  It tasted like plastic and it left an after taste and after smell that I really didn't like. So, I consulted my trusty GF cookbook -  the Gluten-free kitchen  and used her One Egg Mayo recipe as a reference. I only tweaked it a little bit.  Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste. Ingredients: 1 whole egg (yes 1 egg, not just the yolk - I never know what